London Gatwick Airport Special Needs Facilities
If you or a member of your party will require assistance while travelling through the airport and onwards then below are a few tips to make your trip easier and more manageable.
1. Before booking your flights compare the arrangements available for those requiring special needs that are offered by different airlines before making your booking.
2. Check whether the extra facilities offered are included in the cost of your ticket or whether additional charges will be made.
- Gatwick, London, UK
- Ivy Bidco Limited, managed by Global Infrastructure Management, LLC, part of Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP)
- +44 (0)870 000 2468
- Time Zone
- IATA Code
- ICAO Code
- 051°08'53"N 000°11'25"W
3. Ensure that you inform your airline of your particular needs in good time, ideally at time of booking.
4. Different airlines have different policies regarding your own wheelchair. Check the policy of your airline if you wish to remain in your own wheelchair to the aircraft door rather than transfer to an airline wheelchair at check-in.
5. There are often long distances to get from A-B in an airport. For this reason do make sure that you are able to use a wheelchair or that you have booked a lift in one of the airports caddy cars.
6. If you require any further assistance Gatwick have a cll centre that will be able to help you. Minicom +44 (0)870 000 2468, +44 (0)1293 513 179.
NB: Located in The Village in South Terminal is an independant ageny which has charitable status. They can offer advice to anyone either at Gatwick or preparing their trip to Gatwick. They are open from 09:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday, and 09:00 - 16:00 Saturday and Sunday. Telephone: +44 (0)1293 504 283.